Uploading w/o flow-control to a Unix/Xenix tty port

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Thu Oct 27 05:00:58 AEST 1988

In article <223 at sea375.UUCP> dave at sea375.UUCP (David A. Wilson) writes:
| I have an application running under 4.3BSD, Xenix, Microport and Venix systems
| that uploads data from a barcode scanner to a disk file.

  You're going to kick yourself. Stop trying to solve the problem at
the UNIX end and make the hardware honor the flow control! Go buy a
serial to serial printer buffer which accepts flow control. I had one
with a 64k buffer from Black Box, and literally threw it away because I
hadn't used it in a year. I'm sure there are other companies making
similar products.

--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)