Using find(1) with obnoxious systems...

Tom Christiansen tchrist at convex.UUCP
Wed Oct 19 22:28:49 AEST 1988

In article <2046 at unmvax.unm.edu> mike at turing.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) writes:
>We have a number of systems.  They all mount user file systems using
>NFS.  The standard 4.3 /usr/adm/daily script does a nightly find on /,
>to clean '#' files, ',' files, 'core' files, and 'a.out' files.  We
>like this behavior.
>
>Is there a clever usage of -prune that would help, or are we hosed to
>using separate finds for each file system?

Certainly; for any find that you don't want to touch NFS file systems,
phrase it this way:
	find $dir \( -fstype nfs -prune \) -o ...
where ... is what you really wanted to do anyway.

--tom

    Tom Christiansen              {uiucdcs,ut-sally,sun}!convex!tchrist
    Convex Computer Corporation                     tchrist at convex.COM
	UNIX Support, Training, and System Administration
	    "That's not a bug -- it's a feature!"