SunOS 4.0 Dynamic Linking

Rob McMahon cudcv at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Oct 7 08:41:02 AEST 1988

In article <314 at telesoft.UUCP> souza at telesoft.UUCP (Steve Souza @eldest) writes:
>We have a job spooler application here that has suddenly broken
>under SunOS 4.0.
>The application compiles and runs without a hitch, but when "scriptfile"
>hits a 4.0 executable (i.e. the user command), it barfs with the
>message:
>	crt0: /usr/lib/ld.so mapping failure

This may be completely unrelated, but it's worth knowing anyway.  I had a user
the other day who got this message with every command he tried to run, pwd,
ls, printenv, whatever.  The culprit turned out to be an `unlimit' command in
his .login.  Apparently if you `unlimit stack' you are suddenly unable to
execute any dynamically linked executables.  `limit stack 2M' cured the
problem.

Rob
--
UUCP:   ...!mcvax!ukc!warwick!cudcv	PHONE:  +44 203 523037
JANET:  cudcv at uk.ac.warwick             ARPA:   cudcv at warwick.ac.uk
Rob McMahon, Computing Services, Warwick University, Coventry CV4 7AL, England