adb on kernel crash dumps (4.3BSD)

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Mon Oct 17 15:56:16 AEST 1988

In article <2023 at lll-lcc.llnl.gov> rhammon at lll-lcc.llnl.gov (Randall
R. Hammon) writes:
>Subject: Re: portable way to do nap()

What do either of these have to do with adb on crash dumps??

>Does anyone know whether adb can show you the interrupt stack pointer when
>you are looking at a crash dump? I can look at the interrupt stack by
>using the intstack symbol, but I need to know what part of the stack is
>currently active.( BTW, my money says that it can't ).

The 4.3BSD adb will trace the interrupt stack if the kernel was running
on the interrupt stack when the machine crashed.  In fact, it emulates
the hardware quite well.  If the machine was running on the (per-user)
kernel stack, no part of the interrupt stack is active (the kernel
changes processes while running off the kernel stack; this is [half of]
what ASTs are all about).