Memory models under Uport V/AT

Stephen Hocking shocking at physiol.su.oz
Thu Oct 20 18:25:20 AEST 1988

	Hello world.

Does anybody have any clue as to the ability of Microport V/AT to run
executables with memory models other than large or small?
/usr/include/sys/proc.h hints that it might with #defines for medium and
huge memory models, but the compilers wont support them. I'm particularly
interested to know of any third party compilers that might, for fortran and
C. I have some linear programming stuff that would like to know about arrays
larger than 64k, and CTeX, which is also desirous of plenty of space.
The version of hack I have works quite happily in medium memory model on
SCO, but not on large. Blecch Ptui.

	Stephen
---

	shocking at physiol.oz	ACSnet
	...!uunet!munnari!physiol!shocking

PS for those who doubt that a 6MHz 286 can do any useful LP work, a
287 makes a *lot* of difference.