Memory models under Uport V/AT

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Sat Oct 22 03:14:30 AEST 1988

In article <358 at physiol.su.oz> shocking at physiol.su.oz (Stephen Hocking) writes:
>Does anybody have any clue as to the ability of Microport V/AT to run
>executables with memory models other than large or small?
>/usr/include/sys/proc.h hints that it might with #defines for medium and
>huge memory models, but the compilers wont support them. I'm particularly
#ifdef flame
You mean they _still_ don't have the huge model?
I saw a version of uport 2 years ago (a friend of mine actually bought it)
and the documentation explained the huge model but the compiler didn't
support it _yet_.
I guess that if they didn't get around to implementing it in these 2 years
you can just as well forget it.
#endif
Go with SCO. Their compiler supports the huge model since more than 2 years,
though it didn't work very well in pre 2.2 releases...

Paul.