e-mail on an IRIS

Tom Corsetti tomc at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 4 02:12:53 AEST 1988

Hi
I'm writing to ask about how to set up mail on an IRIS workstation
which runs system V.  Most of my experience with setting up mail has
been on a sun 3 running 4.2 bsd.  The iris that I am trying to get set
has the following symptoms: Users can send mail out to the rest of the
world, but when you reply in verbose mode, the Iris refuses the connection.
I would appreciate any hints that some of you nice people may have for me.
I even had our Sun sendmail.cf installed on the IRIS (with appropriate
changes), but it didn't help.  Thanks in advance!
                                                  - Tom Corsetti