error output from C-shell

Zerbi fgz at lakart.UUCP
Tue Oct 4 01:35:30 AEST 1988

I would like to ask the help of anybody out there with a problem I'm
having.  I am trying to write a "helpful" program to help naive/confused
users in a UN*X environment.

Normally, if I type in:

csh prompt%-> snarf

and there is no snarf alias, program or command, it will respond like this:

snarf:  Command Not Found
csh prompt%->

This is only marginally helpful.  I would like to teach the C-Shell instead
is that when it runs out of options on what to do with a user entered line,
it should run a program and pass it the string that the user
tried to use directly.

This would be my program, which could parse the command line and try to
suggest useful workarounds or clever ideas.  The idea is that this would
begin being small, but could be expanded to be very helpful eventually.

Please E-mail any suggestions.  I will post a reply if other people
let me know if they are interested as well.

Thanks in advance.

Federico Genoese-Zerbi
fgz at lakart.uucp

	UUCP Address: