Just 8 bits out

Robert Claeson robert at pvab.UUCP
Thu Oct 13 20:45:15 AEST 1988

In article <666 at mtxinu.UUCP>, ed at mtxinu.UUCP (Ed Gould) writes:

> >Isn't there a way under BSD just to get 8-bit output?  There should be.
>
> The bit to set for exactly this purpose is LLITOUT.  It's in the
> local modes word.  See tty(4) for details.

I think that disables output processing as well. It might or might not
work for the particular application Mr. Gould was describing. Anyway,
this does not enable 8-bit character input (I know he wasn't asking for
this, but if the application uses 8-bit characters, he might want to input
8-bit characters as well).
--
Robert Claeson, ERBE DATA AB, P.O. Box 77, S-175 22 Jarfalla, Sweden
Tel: +46 758-202 50   Fax: +46 758-197 20