portable way to do nap()

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Mon Oct 3 03:25:08 AEST 1988

In article <543 at mpx1.UUCP> erik at mpx1.UUCP (Erik Murrey) writes:
>How can I do a portable nap()?  A nap() (under XENIX) allows
>a user process to block for a short time, usually a few hundred ms.
>
>In any case, SysVr2 doesn't support a nap()-like call which is
>very useful for two reasons (that I can think of):

I opened my Unix V9 manual, and yes of course, nap(2) is there.
So if you wait a few years until the System-V people pick up this
idea from research (took a while with streams too as I recall)
nap() will become portable.

|Paul De Bra              | I am completely surrounded by giant bugs !    |
|debra at research.att.com   | There's millions of them, all over this code! |
|uunet!research!debra     | Beam me up quickly...Please...                |