Sendmail 5.61 question/problem

Jim Haynes haynes at ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Apr 28 15:54:49 AEST 1989

I'm running sendmail 5.61 on an Integrated Solutions machine that is
still on a 4.2 kernel (ISI version 3.07 I think it's called)  The
reason for still being on 4.2 is another story, but anyway...

I was running the queue by hand (sendmail -q -v) and one of the messages
was addressed to "|/usr/ucb/msgs -s" and I noticed that the attempted
delivery used the sender address of the previous message, not the
current one.  It has happened before that mail to /usr/ucb/msgs appeared
to have the wrong sender address; but this was the first time I was
able to run the queue by hand and see where the wrong sender came from.

Anybody have a clue?
haynes at ucscc.ucsc.edu haynes at ucscc.bitnet ...ucbvax!ucscc!haynes

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an Art."
        Charles McCabe, San Francisco Chronicle