EDT Emulators?

Bruce G. Barnett barnett at crdgw1.crd.ge.com
Wed Apr 26 23:11:55 AEST 1989

In article <2675 at buengc.BU.EDU>, bph at buengc (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>In article <6682 at cbmvax.UUCP> grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>>
>>I've heard of EDT emulation in gnuemacs, however I'd prefer to avoid the
>>considerable overhead if there is an alternative that is just EDT and not
>>the whole world in one bite.  8-)
>
>Pseudo-answer by way of a challenging question:
>
>Anybody else believe it can be done with vi by setting the 'vs' entry
>in the termcap to turn the keypad into application-mode, then putting
>the proper map's in the .exrc to emulate EDT commands?

I have written some macros for vi that "sorta" emulate EDT.
It did not "select" text or handle the direction concept of EDT,
but it does provide a way for EDT users to learn vi.

I only have a hard copy of the macros so I won't post them
unless someone asks. I also haven't used them in 5 years.

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett at crdgw1.ge.com>  a.k.a. <barnett@[192.35.44.4]>
			uunet!steinmetz!barnett, <barnett at steinmetz.ge.com>