From Captain Clifford in Brazil

GOMIDE%BRFAPESP.BITNET at uicvm.uic.edu GOMIDE%BRFAPESP.BITNET at uicvm.uic.edu
Thu Apr 6 03:03:24 AEST 1989

   From: Captain Thomas Clifford                   23 February 1989
         MLO-Rio Section
         APO Miami, FL 34030-0008

   To: Dual System 83/80 Computer System Managers
       (Or anyone that knows one)

   1. I find myself in the clasic computer system problem: I have a
   computer that requires reformating of the disk and the incorrect
   version of software to do it.

           Computer: Dual Systems model 83/80 + WD-500

           Hardware Manufacturer: Dual Systems Corp  (out of business)
                                  2530 San Pablo Ave.
                                  Berkeley, CA 94702
                                  (415) 549-3854

           Software Company:      UniSoft Systems  (also out of business)
                                  739 Allston Way
                                  Berkeley, CA 94710
                                  (415) 644-1230

   2.  I would be most grateful (even send you a present from BRAZIL) to get
   a copy of the 8" double sided floppy disk entitled:

                    "83/80 + WD-500, INSTALL DISK."

   Somewhere along the history of this machine the install disk was lost,
   stolen, or never received from the manufacture.  Without it, the machine
   is now in a completly unusable state.

   3.  Any information leading to a solution of my problem should be sent
   via regular mail to my APO address above since I have had to go thru many
   untracable steps to get this letter into the ARPANET (hopefully.)

   THOMAS E. CLIFFORD, Captain, USAF
   U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) - Brazilian Aeronautical
   Institute of Technology (ITA) Exchange Professor