System 5 porting

Dominic Dunlop domo at riddle.UUCP
Thu Apr 27 03:36:57 AEST 1989

In article <9100014 at m.cs.uiuc.edu> carey at m.cs.uiuc.edu, whose name I have
lost, writes:
>I have done some porting of software from the bsd systems to system 5.
> ... [and I want references on what the differences might be] ...

As well as other references cited in this thread (Lapin etc.), you might
try getting a copy of  UNIX System V Release 4.0 Migration Reference
Guide -- Berkeley System  from AT&T.  They've been handing them out at
their System V, release 4 developer conferences, and they essentially list
the differences between BSD 4.3 and UNIX V.4.0 (when it arrives).  The copy
I have is obviosly preliminary, as it does not have the AT&T magic number
(select code) normally needed before AT&T understands what you're talking
about. But you might try anyway.  AT&T's number is (800) 432 6600 (or +44 1
567 7711 (Europe), or (317) 352 8556 (rest of world)).
--
Dominic Dunlop
The Standard Answer Ltd., using Sphinx' facilities (for which much thanks)
domo at sphinx.co.uk