SCREEN problems

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.ORG
Thu Apr 27 09:36:46 AEST 1989

As quoted from <19217 at adm.BRL.MIL> by thoyt at ddn-wms.arpa (Thomas Hoyt):
+---------------
| 	I am having difficulties using the screen window manager utility mentioned
| in this publication earlier this week.  I am running under Sun Unix 4.2.
|
| 	What's more irritating, the same thing happens in vi.  When I do a page down
| or several returns, the editor starts zipping down the file helter-skelter.
| From what I can deduce, something(?) is sending these two programs "60"<CR>
| over and over, as if it were coming from my terminal.  Returning to the
| shell ends this input.

Are you by any chance using a Wyse 60 terminal?  If so, make sure that your
termcap isn't trying to send the sequence <ESC><SPACE>.  (ESC SPACE means
"identify terminal" to Wyse terminals; the response is (model-number) <CR>.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery at ncoast.org
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
      Send comp.sources.misc submissions to comp-sources-misc@<backbone>
NCoast Public Access UN*X - (216) 781-6201, 300/1200/2400 baud, login: makeuser