Reading PC floppies on Apollos

Howard Modell howard at wbcs.UUCP
Fri Feb 17 01:04:02 AEST 1989

I (or rather a customer of mine) has a relatively frequent need to read data from DOS
formatted floppies using an Apollo. The "why" of it isn't pertinent, but the customer
states that his budget is such that getting a PC for the purpose isn't practical at
this time, nor is does it seem appropriate to buy one of Apollo's DPCI/DPCC/DPCE
integration solutions.  He doesn't need a DOS engine or processing capabilities at
all ... he just needs to be able to read DOS formatted data, and the only devices he
has with floppy drives are Apollos.

The preferred solution would be an Apollo-based utility that performs this chore
and nothing else (or little else).  It doesn't have to be specifically Unix-based,
though it is not an obstacle if it is.

Does anyone out there (1) know of such a program, (2) have such a program (preferably
with source they could send me), and if so, could they send it to me?

Replies should be sent to:
 howard at ncrwic!wbcs.UUCP or
 howard at hplabs!hp-sdd!ncr-sd!ncrwic!wbcs.UUCP or
 howard at scubed!ncr-sd!ncrwic!wbcs.UUCP or
 howard at uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!wbcs.UUCP