trouble installing SCO 386 (2.3) - boot0: error 80

Andrew Beattie andrew at riddle.UUCP
Thu Feb 16 03:47:36 AEST 1989

In article <204 at aimed.UUCP> nick at aimed.UUCP (Nick Pemberton) writes:
>Well, I give up. I've got a brand spankin' new 386 machine sitting
>here, with 4 Meg of memory, a 20Mhz chip, and a PRIAM 250Mb ESDI
>drive. I'm tying to install SCO XENIX version 2.3, and I'm getting
>*very frustrated*. Here's the problem:

You need ESDI Xenix to run on an ESDI disk.

2.2.3 ESDI Xenix has been shipping for some time and should run for you.

If you need 2.3 (it is a lot better than 2.2) then you will have to wait for
the 386GT version which will support ESDI and SCSI.  This is due to ship
in the first quarter 1989