Ultrix 3.0 - where are the tales?

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Sun Feb 5 13:36:34 AEST 1989

In article <391 at bilver.UUCP> bill at bilver.UUCP (bill vermillion) writes:
>Maybe this doesn't belong here - but I have a Xenix 3 based on SYS III/bsd on
>a Tandy box.  I can configure the system and set the maximum number for the
>uid in the configuration files.  MAXUID is 60000 on this system.  MAXPID is
>30000.    It is in the param.h files in this system.

param.h on a binary-only system is pretty much a no-op.  MAXPID is used
in a C source file which you don't have.  Same for MAXUID.  It is useful
only for the definitions it provides you with.  You can't change too many
of the values and expect the system's behavior to change as well.
--
John F. Haugh II                        +--Quote of the Week:------------------
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | "Get it through your head: