UNIX-PC to VAX to SUN

Jim Rosenberg jr at oglvee.UUCP
Sat Feb 11 11:01:39 AEST 1989

In article <236 at bcscal.UUCP> phil at bcscal.UUCP (Phil Kemp) writes:
>I am using a UNIX-PC connected to a VAX as a terminal, via a hardwire
>connection to a multiplexor, and then invoking telnet to log in to a SUN
>attached to a TCP/IP network linking everthing together. ( except my PC )
>
>The problem I'm having is that while I can do file transfers via kermit
>to the VAX with no problem,

[...]

>Kermit will simply not work

Did you try setting explicit parity on Kermit for both the VAX and Sun??  I
haven't tried this particular combination, but based on net recommendations
when I find Kermits that don't wanna talk I try set parity even on each end
and that usually works.
--
Jim Rosenberg                        pitt
Oglevee Computer Systems                 >--!amanue!oglvee!jr