Private host lists

Scott Bigham sbigham at dukeac.UUCP
Sun Feb 5 09:45:30 AEST 1989

Is it possible to have a private extension to the /etc/hosts file?  There are
some archives I use every so often whose names aren't on my system's
/etc/hosts.  They work fine using the number address, but names are much
easier to remember than numbers.

Email if you deem it appropriate, otherwise post at your own risk.  Either
way, thanx.

						sbigham
--
Scott Bigham                         "The opinions expressed above are
Internet sbigham at dukeac.ac.duke.edu   (c) 1989 Hacker Ltd. and cannot be