easy way of making shared libs on SYSTEM V.3 ?

Thomas Schneider thsrem at tumuc.UUCP
Fri Feb 3 19:36:37 AEST 1989

Hi,
We are looking forward to make some shared libs to cut sizes and load times
of our binaries. They are going to be large and we really don't want to change
the sources a lot since we expect to get new releases of them from outside.
Now, I thought of programming some scripts which turn a normal library
into a shared lib. This will probably not result in optimal perfomance
but will serve its purpose at the moment.
Has anybody made or heard of such a mechanism
and could be so kind and give some pointers.
(We are willing to spend money, if that helps :-)
Thanx.
Thomas Schneider
Nixdorf NME, Berlin
UUCP: uunet!unido!tumuc!ths