DU132 driver needed

William Roberts liam at cs.qmc.ac.uk
Sat Feb 4 03:52:17 AEST 1989

I have a VAX 11/750 on which we run BSD 4.2 (for which we have
all the appropriate source licences). We have recently acquired
a Gigatape-88 tape unit which uses 8mm Video Cassettes to store
about 1.7 Gigabytes. BUT.....

The unit is connected via an Emulex DU132 controller which
"emulates a TS11". It turns out that the emulation isn't quite
good enough to work with the TS11 driver that I've got: I get
problems with the unit not setting the Subsystem Ready flag in
its status register.

Does anyone have a driver which will work with this unit (or
the Emulex DU 142 which is an alternative) for BSD systems? I'd
accept binary only if necessary, but I can produce source
licence documentation if required. I think I can even produce
money if need be (gasp!).

I'd prefer answers by mail, but I do read this board regularly.

William Roberts         ARPA: liam at cs.qmc.ac.uk
Queen Mary College      UUCP: liam at qmc-cs.UUCP
190 Mile End Road       Tel:  01-975 5250
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK      Fax:  01-981 7517