Overly Verbose (was Re: Korn shell source)

Randal L. Schwartz @ Stonehenge merlyn at intelob.intel.com
Sun Feb 19 09:06:28 AEST 1989

In article <4106 at cbnews.ATT.COM>, lvc at cbnews (Lawrence V. Cipriani) writes:
| The 11/16/88 version of ksh, as described in "The KornShell Command and
| Programming Language", has just been finished.

"The KornShell Command and Programming Language"???

Did lawyers get ahold of this guy's work?

Whatever happened to calling this thing (brace yourself):

  a shell
    =====

[sigh... longing for the old days of UNIX...]
[double sigh... geez... I thought I'd never have to say that...]
[so, you bust the phone company up, and they zap your UNIX for you.]
--
Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095
on contract to BiiN (for now :-), Hillsboro, Oregon, USA.