autoreply - How to ???

Bjorn Satdeva bjorn at sysadm.UUCP
Sat Feb 18 06:27:58 AEST 1989

I need a good method to set up automagically reply with a preset
messages to incomming mail on a few special accounts.  I had originally
planned to use the "autoreply" from elm, but it seems like it its
directed more towards answering during vacation, etc. than real
automagic reply.  On top of this, it is not working.

I know there is several setups in usenet-land which have this in
place already, and I would really hate to re-invent the wheel.

If you know how to do this, would you be so kind to reply by
email.  I will summarize if there is any interest.

The system here is is SysV without sendmail, but with smail
added.  I am considering adding sendmail to the system, so
solutions which require sendmail is of interest also.

Thanks.

Bjorn Satdeva
uunet!sysadm!bjorn	/sys/admin, inc.  The Unix System Administration Experts