Indent posting

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.UUCP
Thu Mar 30 08:33:03 AEST 1989

In article <18835 at adm.BRL.MIL> gaspar at st-louis-emh2.army.mil (Al Gaspar) writes:

>... has done a great job in getting the Berkeley/Sun version
>of indent into the public domain.

I did not do much, except to ask/bug some people, contact its original
author, and those others who worked on it, to clarify its original status,
copyright issues etc.

>I noticed that the -bg, -dj, -ndf, -pb, and -npb options from the older
>public domain version are missing from Oz's version of indent posted
>to unix-sources.  What I would like to know is if there is someone
>else still working on indent that plans on incorporating the older
>public domain version into Oz's Berkeley/Sun version?

I do not know if you can call the original version public-domain, but
certainly assumed to be publicly-distributable: there is some work
afoot to find ways to babysit the code, and include patches, further
enhancements etc. in a coordinated manner. Some folks at BSD are planning
to do major revisions, and I am sure just about every option to typeset
C code will be included in due time. (tomorrow ? :-)

oz
... and I say to them, 	    		Usenet:    oz at nexus.yorku.ca
   `Where the hell were you        	......!uunet!utai!yunexus!oz
    when the page was blank?'		Bitnet: oz@[yulibra|yuyetti]
		Harlan Ellison  	Phonet: +1 416 736-5257x3976