Ultrix/32 & VMS

senetza%vp.uleth.adhocnet.ca%UNCAEDU.BITNET at CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL senetza%vp.uleth.adhocnet.ca%UNCAEDU.BITNET at CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL
Fri Mar 3 12:40:00 AEST 1989

Just a little clarification about the 3100's we are planning to purchase.

Yes, we are planning to buy VAXstation 3100's.  But, to be used for teaching
introductory courses (on VMS) and upper level courses (Ultrix).  They will
basically be used as terminals in the lower courses, and workstations in the
higher (graphics, operating systems,etc.).

Yes, we are planning to buy a DECstation 3100.  This will be used as a boot
node for when we want a VAXStation to run Ultrix.  Otherwise, the VAXstations
will boot off of a 6210 running VMS.

So far, the comments (critisisms?  flames?) have been very helpfull.  We're
looking forward to more -- even if there aren't any positive ones!!

Leonard Senetza   <senetza%vp.uleth.adhocnet at UNCAEDU.BITnet>

"Philosophy, is the talk on a cereal box.
 Religion, the smile on a dog."

(Expressed within are my own opinions, I think)