tcsh - some questions (answers enclosed)

David A Rasmussen dave at csd4.milw.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 9 15:41:15 AEST 1989

>From article <53024 at yale-celray.yale.UUCP>, by spolsky-joel at CS.Yale.EDU (Joel Spolsky):
> I asked:
>
>> (1) What is the latest version of tcsh, and where can I obtain it? We
>> seem to be running "Version 5.6 Beta 02/29/88" - Is there something
>> more recent?  Is there an ftp site that carries tcsh?
>
> The latest version is 5.12, Feb. 1989, which is available via
> anonymous ftp from tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (128.146.8.60) in
> the directory pub/tcsh. There are several compiled versions there
> for Sun 3's and 4's plus a handful of other machines, as well as all
> the source code and the necessary patches. You need to have the source
> to Berkeley Csh to compile it.

I took the current tcsh from ohio-state and patched the latest tahoe
csh with it, hacked upon the failures, and am testing amongst a few
users here.

If you want my diffs for the tahoe distribution, you can ftp to
csd4.milw.wisc.edu (129.89.2.4), user anonymous, and take file:

73633 Mar  8 23:34 /usr/spool/uucppublic/tcsh5.12.tahoe.diffs.Z

preferably late at night or early morning.

--
Dave Rasmussen c/o Computing Services Division @ U of WI - Milwaukee
Internet: dave at csd4.milw.wisc.edu  Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!dave {o,o}