tcsh - some questions (answers enclosed)

Joel Spolsky spolsky-joel at CS.Yale.EDU
Wed Mar 8 16:29:07 AEST 1989

I asked:

> (1) What is the latest version of tcsh, and where can I obtain it? We
> seem to be running "Version 5.6 Beta 02/29/88" - Is there something
> more recent?  Is there an ftp site that carries tcsh?

The latest version is 5.12, Feb. 1989, which is available via
anonymous ftp from tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (128.146.8.60) in
the directory pub/tcsh. There are several compiled versions there
for Sun 3's and 4's plus a handful of other machines, as well as all
the source code and the necessary patches. You need to have the source
to Berkeley Csh to compile it.

> (2) How can I bind the vt-100 arrow keys to work properly with tcsh?
> nothing I try seems to work.

This is fixed, it seems, in 5.12.

A million thanks to all those who replied within seconds of my posting!

Cheers,