uucp RLOGIN failure code

Kim Kempf kim at mcrware.UUCP
Mon Mar 6 15:26:04 AEST 1989

Perhaps someone knows what the nature of the problem I've been having
with uucp.  The connection fails during the initial connection handshake
portion of the protocol.  The remote side answers with "RLOGIN" rather
than the expected "ROK":

... got that
imsg >15\ 12\ 15\ 12\ 20<
Shere=unicon\  0imsg >\ 20<
RLOGIN\  0msg-RLOGIN
exit code 0

My side is SunOS 4.0.1, the remote side is SVR3 with HDB uucp.  I think
the problem is configuration on the HDB side, but I'm not sure since I
don't use it yet.  Is there some obvious things to check?  Other hosts
calling the same site have no problems.  Thanks in advance.