Remote execution

Po Ling Cheung po at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 14 15:37:27 AEST 1989

I would like to have a program that can stop a BSD UNIX process running
on a machine and continue its execution over a remote machine.

To find out the program counter and stack pointer of the stopped process,
I can look into sigcontext.

What about accessing and transferring the text, data and stack segments?
How can I get the address of each segment?  Does a.out.h provide all
necessary info?  Has anybody done something similar?

Insights into such and related issues are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Po