Help!

Grant Fengstad gfengstad at laconn.fidonet.org
Fri Mar 31 11:00:01 AEST 1989

* Original: FROM.....Grant Fengstad (134/104)
* Original: TO.......All (134/104)
* Forwarded by.......OPUS 134/104

I'm looking for assistance from anyone out there that has run into
this problem before or that can assist me.

I'm trying to compile a BBS program designed to run under Unix System
V or SCO Xenix called XBBS.  I'm running Unix System V 3.5 on an AT&T
3B1 and also have the Utilities/Developement Set V3.5.  I've compiled
the code (.c files) to object code.  The problem appears to happen
during the link phase.  It aborts and give me this error:

undefined symbol                first referenced in file

opendir                                bbscconf.o
readdir                                bbscconf.o
closedir                               bbscconf.o

ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors.  No output written to bbsc1
*** Error code 13

The problem as I understand it is correctable.  The symbols are apparently
a Berkley enhancement.  It is also my understanding that there is a
PD program for Unix System V to emulate/solve this problem.  Can anyone
help?

Thanks

Grant Fengstad

--
Grant Fengstad - via FidoNet node 1:134/104
UUCP: ...!calgary!xenlink!laconn!gfengstad
ARPA: gfengstad at laconn.fidonet.org