Locking errors

Chris A. Anderson caanders at sactoh0.UUCP
Fri Mar 31 09:03:34 AEST 1989

I'm having a nasty problem with locking using C-ISAM (v. 1.20)
on a Plexus P-95 (SysV.2 K1.7 k80 m68).

Specifically, we're getting a errno=34 when a program attempts to
open a file.  In <sys/errno.h>, this is doubly defined: as ERANGE,
and as EDEADLK.  Informix thinks that EDEADLK is the most probable
definition for errno=34 in this case. Lock table overflow seems to
be the most likely reason to get EDEADLK... in <sys/params.h>, NFLOCK
is defined as 100.  We've confirmed by testing that lock table over-
flow is what the problem is.

How do we change NFLOCK? To relink the kernel we'd need some source
from Plexus (this may be difficult :-) ).  Is there any other way?
If we did redefine NFLOCK, what other side-effects could we run
into?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Chris
--
Chris Anderson				email: ...!pacbell!sactoh0!utgard!chris
QMA, Inc.					   or: ...!csusac!fenris