uucp killing

James C. Benz jcbst3 at cisunx.UUCP
Fri Mar 31 06:54:39 AEST 1989

For my peace of mind, is there some way to kill all spooled jobs for a given
machine queued for uucp?  Let me put that a little more clearly.  Suppose
I have a machine foobar, and I have ten jobs queued for uucp to foobar.
Foobar has just been relegated to the scrap heap, so these jobs will never
get sent, or maybe I just discovered an error in the list of files that I
sent to foobar.  Anyway, I want to kill all jobs queued for sending to foobar.
I can sit here and type "uustat -k{idnum}" ten times, which seems like an
enormous waste of time (it is - I do it a lot).  What I would like to do is
something like "uustat -kfoobar*", which doesn't work (can't find job foobar*-
not killed).  I suppose I could do something like "uustat -sfoobar|shellscript"
but then I have to write a shellscript and keep a copy on each machine I work
on just for this.  Does anyone know of a way to structure the uustat call so
I can do this generically?  (running ATTsysV on a 3B2)  (If this seems trivial,
I guess its just because I'm a little bored today :-} )
--
Jim Benz 		     jcbst3 at unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu     If a modem
University of Pittsburgh					 answers,