what this panic msg tells me ?????

Motti Bazar motti at ocsmd.ocs.com
Thu Mar 9 10:57:44 AEST 1989

Hi there,
I'm in the middle of developing a device-driver for our CD-ROM controller.
One of our controllers (code name CDI-210S) is a Micro-Channel
(IBM PS/2 machines) controller for controlling Sony CD-ROM drives (using
the Sony-Bus, a faster then SCSI bus).
I'm using the IBM PS/2 Model 70 with SCO Xenix 386 Version 2.2.3 for
the development.
I have some problems that maybe somebody can help me because I do not have
any driver example (real hardware oreiented driver, e.g. h/w interrupts,
DMA etc.).
When booting I get the message:
    panic: srmount(): cannot cvtv7superb() yet
and the nice message **  Safe to Power Off  **, ** Press Any Key ....
What does it mean ???? does it have any relation to my driver ????
I checked and tryed to boot with the original kernel and got the same
message. I'm stacked and can't get even to my sources (to back them up
and maybe reinstall ???).
By the way, the panic message comes after the lines:
    Standard serial board COM1 ...
    Parallel port ...
    rootdev 1/40, pipedev 1/40, swapdev 1/41
    disk[D] drive 0: cyls = 58, heads = 64, secs = 32
Is there any solution ?????????
Any help will be good and if somebody have a source for a driver, can
you mail it to me.
When I'll finish the driver I'll let you know (anybody interested please
mail me) and will make it available to anybody that want to use our
CD-ROM controller.

Thanks...Motti