Postscript printers under AIX

Michael Henning michi at anvil.oz
Thu May 11 11:43:25 AEST 1989

We would like to connect an NEC Silentwriter (Postscript laser printer) to
our RT running AIX 2.2.1.  The standard printer backends delivered with
AIX cannot cope with Postscript.  Does anyone out there know whether it is
possible to get a Postscript printer going under AIX, or has actually
managed to do that ?  We want to be able to access the printer through
programs which generate their own Postscript, as well as print normal
text files for program listings and use troff.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,

					thanks a lot,

						Michi.

--
               | The opinions expressed are my own, not those of my employer. |