Old stuff

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Thu May 11 01:24:40 AEST 1989

I really don't know what's possessed me, but I *need* to know this
stuff.

1)  I remember that on my old 8086-based (yes, 8086; it was an Intel
    multibus board with a kludge piggyback thing that added some
    protection or something) Xenix system, a condition would arise
    in the normal course of doing stuff that would produce the
    message "One Bell system -- it works".  I don't think that
    anyone at Microsoft would have done this, so I figure it came
    from Version 7 somewhere.

    For tonight's star prize, what was that condition? (The neurons that
    used to hold that in my brain have been killed.)

2)  What happened to the old (once again, probably v 7) fortune file?
    I think the "one Bell system" message was in there, along with the
    "crazy Eddie" thing.

I won't feel confident while talking to Unix people until I know the above
pieces of stupid trivia.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.