Ugly file name

Bill Fenner wcf at psuhcx.psu.edu
Mon May 22 01:47:35 AEST 1989

In article <672 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:
|>Several alternatives have been suggested to uniquely identify the file
|>to be removed. However, there are cases in which `rm' won't do the job
|>of deleting the file because the shell which is used to run `rm' may
|>strip the eighth bit off characters [some shells do]. In such cases, it
|
|I have found the `find' command quite useful in this respect.  Find's

How about using ls -i to find the inode of the file in question, then

find . -inum xxx -exec rm -i {} \;

or am I missing something?  It seems to me that that can handle any situation.
(As long as find can pass everything to rm.)

  Bill
--
   Bitnet: wcf at psuhcx.bitnet     Bill Fenner       | "Yesterday starts
  Internet: wcf at hcx.psu.edu                        |  tomorrow; tomorrow