Multics (was Re: getcwd() and friends.)

Greg Woods woods at tmsoft.uucp
Tue May 2 06:07:54 AEST 1989

In article <8057 at june.cs.washington.edu> ka at june.cs.washington.edu (Kenneth Almquist) writes:
>schwartz at shire.cs.psu.edu (Scott Schwartz) asks:
>> By the way, are there any Multics sites still in operation out there?
>
>I thought there were, but it turns out that MULTICS.mit.edu is a VAX
>running UNIX and HI-MULTICS.honeywell.com is a VMS system...

There's at least one large MULTICS system running out there.  It is at
the University of Calgary.  At least it's still on their Develnet, and
appears to be running MR12 or something.  I heard a rumor that they
were busy helping Honeywell convert a lot of the Multics software to
run under Unix (i.e. writing a PL/1 compiler for Unix :-).  I don't
have a valid account anymore, so that's all I can tell you.  :-<
--
						Greg A. Woods.

woods@{{tmsoft,utgpu,gate,ontmoh}.UUCP,utorgpu.BITNET,gpu.utcs.Toronto.EDU}
+1-416-443-1734 [h],	+1-416-595-5425 [w]		Toronto, Ontario, Canada