Adding Code to the 4.3 Kernel

Henry Clark henryc at cs.umr.edu
Mon Nov 13 11:28:31 AEST 1989

I am currently attempting to add some code that I've written into the
kernel (yea I know, *adding* stuff to the kernel).  Our kernel source
code compiles and loads correctly.  When compiled to object only (i.e.
cc -c *.c), my code compiles correctly.  My code calls functions within
the kernel so I can't load it seperately from the kernel.

When I include my code in the kernel compilation (via /sys/conf/files)
it encounters errors when loading such as finding two symbols (_morecore
and _free) multiply defined and finds one (_errno) undefined.  Any ideas
about what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry
henryc at cs.umr.edu