Can you make ditroff print in landscape orientation on an Apple laserwriter?

Ross Parker parker at zaphod.mpr.ca
Sat Nov 18 05:40:06 AEST 1989

In article <1900 at eric.mpr.ca>, parker at zaphod.mpr.ca (Ross Parker) writes:
> If you're using Transcript version 2.1 (I think this will work for
> earlier versions also), simply add a '-r' flag onto the 'psdit'
> command line. You'll need to set up the page length and page width
> within your document to suit (and tbl still has a hard-coded limit,
> I believe). Here's a sample command line:
>
> tbl file | /usr/lib/ditroff -ms -Tpsc -i | /usr/local/transcript/psdit -r |
> 	lpr -Pps

Whoooops!

Ignore that message... I'd forgotten that I'd modified our psdit to
handle page rotation!

What's needed is to include the necessary PostScript commands in
the output of psdit in order to rotate the page.

If anyone's interested, I can send diffs to psdit.

Ross Parker      				| Why do they put me down?
Microtel Pacific Research Ltd.			| Make out that I'm a clown?
Burnaby, B.C.,	     				| I drink scotch whisky all
Canada, eh?	     uunet!ubc-cs!mpre!parker	|	 day long
(604)293-5495	     parker at mpre.mpr.ca		| Yeah I'm gonna save my money
Disclaimer:					| (gonna put it all away...)
My fingers are doing all the work...		| 'Cause I'm a Scotsman