Unix Commands To Get A Nancy

Nancy's Sweetie kilroy at mimsy.umd.edu
Thu Nov 16 11:09:11 AEST 1989

In article <20434 at mimsy.umd.edu>, I posted an explanation of who Nancy was,
which wasn't actually relevant but I was all mushy and Jeff d'Arcy *did* ask.

In article <1997 at cs-spool.calgary.UUCP>, Cliff Marcellus asks me to make
him a Nancy, which I can't do because there's only one.  ( Sigh.  8-} )

And, despite Michael Lee's failed attempt in <739 at ontek.UUCP>, I
got my Nancy by using Unix commands.

However (even though he got the attribution wrong), I agree with
Brett Rabe's sentiment from <8122 at thor.acc.stolaf.edu>:  it is time to
kill this subject.

Because having seen the clutter level rise, I do heartily repent my
participating in the silliness -- and (Heaven forbid!) it looks like
they might start the "amusing Unix error messages" again.

Therefore, I am directing followups to myself, and I am posting the
instructions to get a Nancy over in soc.couples, where it is more
apropos.

kilroy at cs.umd.edu          Darren F. Provine          ...uunet!mimsy!kilroy
"I would say it is *Darren* who is mushy." -- Chris Torek

[ Chris tells me that I got this quote wrong last time, but then I wasn't
  paying too much attention when he said it... ]