Can you make ditroff print in landscape orientation on an Apple laserwriter?

Vidiot brown at vidiot.UUCP
Sun Nov 19 05:16:20 AEST 1989

In article <1900 at eric.mpr.ca> parker at zaphod.Berkeley.EDU (Ross Parker) writes:
<
<In article <621 at alias.UUCP>, mherman at alias.UUCP (Michael Herman) writes:
<> The tools are have at hand are:
<>     - ditroff, tbl and -ms
<>     - Adobe Transcript
<>     - an Apple LaserWriter Plus
<>
<> The ideal solution would be something like:
<>     - set *these* troff registers to *these* values
<>     - set *these* -ms registers to *these* values
<>     - use *these* options when you run *these* Transcript programs
<>
<> ... but I am interested in hearing about any solution that might work.
<
<If you're using Transcript version 2.1 (I think this will work for
<earlier versions also), simply add a '-r' flag onto the 'psdit'
<command line. You'll need to set up the page length and page width
<within your document to suit (and tbl still has a hard-coded limit,
<I believe). Here's a sample command line:
<
<tbl file | /usr/lib/ditroff -ms -Tpsc -i | /usr/local/transcript/psdit -r |
<	lpr -Pps

The Sun release of Transcript has the -r option, the Adobe release doesn't.
I went through this quite a while ago.  Adobe is hoping to add it in a future
release.
--
                harvard\     att!nicmad\
Vidiot            ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown