Pronunciations (was: And how do you pronounce "csh"?)

seth.zirin szirin at cbnewsm.ATT.COM
Sat Nov 18 07:08:11 AEST 1989

>Since we're now going to C, I would be interested to know how others
>pronounce hexadecimal numbers like "0xFEB2".
>Most people I know just spell it "f-e-b-two". But why not pronounce it
>like any other number "f-thousand e-hundred and b-ty two".
>Or "F00" something like "f-teen hundred".

Grumble.  You really meant f-fortyninetysix, e-twofiftysix, b-sixteen, two.
Remember:

f star 0d1000 + e star 0d256 + b star 0d16 + 2 bang equal 0xfeb2 BANG.

Gee, maybe '*' should be pronounced "times" and '!' pronounced "not"...