Pronunciations (was: And how do you pronounce "csh"?)

Mitchell S. Gorman mitch at arcturus.UUCP
Wed Nov 15 07:31:19 AEST 1989

hulsebos at ehvie0.tq.ine.philips.nl (rob hulsebos) writes:

>In article <0400.AA0400 at dcpc> dc at dcpc.UUCP (Don Curtis) writes:

>Since we're now going to C, I would be interested to know how others
>pronounce hexadecimal numbers like "0xFEB2".
>Most people I know just spell it "f-e-b-two". But why not pronounce it
>like any other number "f-thousand e-hundred and b-ty two".
>Or "F00" something like "f-teen hundred".

	Because it breaks down on a very simple example:

		0xa5

	"A-ty five"???  I don't think so.  :^)

	Mitch (@arcturus.uucp)

HARDLY what ANYONE would call a unix.wizard, I've even stunned _myself_
with my temerity at posting here!!  :^):^):^)