Bash -- SysV compatability problems.

Digital Knight in Circuit Board Armor PSPINLER%MKVAX1 at msus1.bit
Wed Nov 15 14:42:55 AEST 1989

Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong list, but:

Has anyone successfully compiled Bash 1.01 to an 3b2 running sysV 3.2 ?  I have
been able to compile bash 1.00 under an i386 processor model, but have been
totally unable to successfully compile bash 1.01.

Also, using this version, bash appears to have problems parsing the command
line for some programs.  Namely, bash appears to pass the entire command line
as a single argument.  This behavior is most noticable using cc, but it has
appeared intermittantly using other commands.

Please email any suggestions to me.  Thanks.

-- Pat

Patrick Spinler                 |       pspinler%mkvax1 at msus1.bitnet
RR 1 Box 26                     |       pspinler at mkvax1.msus.edu
(507) 243-4239                  |       Mankato State University
Paranoia:  The conviction that you are being        |
          persecuted by beings that you cannot      |     Not even close to
           hear, see, smell, touch, or taste.       |      being a wizard.
                                                    |    I just admire those
            This does not mean that you are         |       those who are.
                      unjusified.                   |