pronunciation of *

Mark Kaminsky/x4495 mkaminsk at cvbnet.UUCP
Thu Nov 9 02:56:07 AEST 1989

>From article <2385 at stl.stc.co.uk>, by dsr at stl.stc.co.uk (David Riches):
> In article <2008 at cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> cliff at cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Cliff Marcellus) writes:
> %  ... and what about '!' (bang) and '~' (twiddle) and '#' (pound)
> Actually it's '!' (shriek) and '~' (tilde) and '#' (hash) nad '^' (hat!!)

While working in New York I was told by one of the customer-service reps
told about a customer who kept on refering to pine-cones.  It took her
about 10 minutes to figure out that the customer was talking about the
'*" key!

Mark B. Kaminsky, Computervision Division, PRIME Computer, Inc. , Bedford, MA
UUCP: {decvax|linus|sun}!cvbnet!mkaminsk | Internet: mkaminsk at cvbnet.prime.com
Me? I'm an anarcho-objectivist Libertarian.   (Pause)... Why are you wincing?