vi (was: Re: Real Time UNIX)

Margaret Mikulska mikulska at odin.ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 14 15:22:54 AEST 1989

In article <2808 at convex.UUCP> thurlow at convex.com (Robert Thurlow) writes:
>I use 'vi' daily, and while I won't be without it and don't care much
>for most Emacsen, I'll never say 'vi' is easy to learn.

I use vi daily and i'd say it's so easy to use that there is nothing
really to learn, except for some more esoteric features.
Our users don't complain too much about vi.

>Of course, it *is* a programmers editor ...

But then, i *am* a programmer, among other things ...

> EDT and LSE were one of the easier things to pick up when I
>did a VAX/VMS project awhile ago ...

I had to use VAX/VMS and EDT some time ago. EDT was extremely confusing
for me after I had gotten used to vi.

Margaret Mikulska
mem at inls1.ucsd.edu