ethernet connections time out

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.umd.edu
Sat Apr 14 04:26:11 AEST 1990

In article <MRD.90Apr12162221 at image.clarkson.edu>
mrd at sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Michael DeCorte) writes:
>I have also noticed the following messages on my console:
>
>Apr  7 03:33:05 ddd vmunix: qerestart: restarted qe0 400

The DEQNA has a bug that causes it to forget to do its job sometimes.
The current qe (DEQNA/DELQA) driver has a watchdog timer that jabs the
qe after it falls asleep.

Generally, the jab happens before a TCP connection will time out, but
in some situations this could cause the problem.  The fix is to replace
the DEQNA with a DELQA (at least, so say DEC).
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris