How to delete a file with ^? chars in the name?

Steven M. Schultz sms at WLV.IMSD.CONTEL.COM
Sat Jan 13 20:38:44 AEST 1990

In article <2817 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
>>No C programs, no hacks, just one or two simple commands.  Why does this
>>discussion go on forever everytime the question is asked?
>
>Perhaps because:
>
>	1) people don't read the "frequently asked questions" list,
>	   which discusses, among other questions, "how do I remove
>	   files with funny characters in their names";

	But this is supposed to be the "wizards" group - this particular
	question (one would have hoped till recently at any rate that this
	"problem" is one an 'apprentice' would be able to handle)
	shouldn't have even come up here, must less be the cause of
	hitting 'n' till the poor key wore out.

	Steven M. Schultz
	sms at wlv.imsd.contel.com