How to delete a file with ^? chars in the name?

Jonathan Knight jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk
Sat Jan 13 02:59:20 AEST 1990

>From article <8000004 at hpopd.HP.COM>, by andyc at hpopd.HP.COM (Andrew Cunningham):
> Jeremy J. Epstein (jje at virtech.uucp) wrote:

[various weird ideas deleted]

> No C programs, no hacks, just one or two simple commands.  Why does this
> discussion go on forever everytime the question is asked?

Why doesn't anyone suggest 'rm ???H01.b' - assuming that there are no other
file names ending in H01.b which are exactly 8 chars long this will work
fine.
--
  ______    JANET :jonathan at uk.ac.keele.cs     Jonathan Knight,
    /       BITNET:jonathan%cs.kl.ac.uk at ukacrl Department of Computer Science